Garden Of Life Sport Organic Plant-Based Protein - BCAA Amino Acid Protein Powder, Vanilla 28.4oz...

  • ORGANIC SPORT PROTEIN: Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, NSF Certified for Sport, Informed-Choice for Sport Certified, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, No added sugars
  • POST WORKOUT RECOVERY: Our Garden of Life Vegan Protein helps you refuel & repair muscles after a hard workout with 30g of Complete Protein and over 5g BCAA amino acids, Glutamine & Glutamic Acid
  • RECOVERY DRINK: This sport protein powder promotes faster recovery with a Organic High Antioxidant Blend of Organic Tart Cherries, Organic Apples, Organic Turmeric, Organic Gogi berries and Organic Blueberries
  • IMMUNE SYSTEM SUPPORT: This BCAAs amino acids powder contains 2 Billion CFU probiotic blend to keep your immune system strong during training
  • CERTIFIED CLEAN: Breath easy knowing this vegan amino acids powder is clean and free of any banned substances

I've tried every single protein powder on the market. Many leave a horrible aftertaste which is a complete no go for me. I also don't like whey and how it makes me feel. I stumbled across this line about 6 months ago and have not been disappointed. I use almond or soymilk and the consistency is fabulous. I have made this several different ways adding ingredients (banana, nut butter, etc) depending on my workout and activity. It is filling and does NOT bloat you. Honestly, it feels like my body absorbs it really efficiently. I have priced it all over the internet and in my local stores. This price is fantastic and I won't buy it any other place. This powder is the best. I have not been able to find one that has all the benefits this one offers. The sport is definitely the best. Organic, non-GMO - are you kidding me....the best for the taste and bang for the buck.

Best protein I have ever had. I am not a vegan, but I have an extremely sensitive stomach to dairy and other things such as caffeine, and this protein is incredible. I mix 3 scoops with 22 oz of original (sweetened) almond milk every morning and then again after I workout in the evening, and this stuff has me feeling great, and I look forward to drinking it after I workout. It is an extremely sticky protein mix, but I have not had problems mixing it in a blender bottle (just make sure you pour milk in first as the protein will cement itself to the bottom of your cup if you don't). I find the taste awesome, and would compare it to cake batter. If you find it a little too sweet it may be better for you to just mix it with water or an unsweetened almond milk like the product recommends. I have found it to be a little frothy when mixed in a blender bottle, but it really isn't a huge deal. My only wish would be that I could buy bigger quantities of it at one time, as I have almost finished my first canister and I have only been using this product for about 2 weeks. If you're new to protein powders or just looking to get away from Whey, this is a great one to start with and I really enjoy that this product discloses everything in it, so you know exactly everything you are putting into your body.

Quality 5/5 Taste 4.5/5 How well it blends 4/5 Affordability 3/5 For starters, I did not receive this product free or discounted, I bought it. I decided to do this review because at the time, there were no other reviews on it. And about me, I'm hardly a fitness guru or expert on protein powders. I am however, a former Marine, recreational runner, who likes to workout, do yoga, swim etc. so fitness and protein powders are no stranger to me. I have always used whey proteins though, so many of my comparisons will be to whey. Why I chose this protein? Well unless you live under a rock somewhere, I'm sure you've heard about all the nasty things that are in our food nowadays. That being, but not limited to: GMOs, growth hormones, antibiotics, pesticides and so on. So obviously because of this they can be in our supplements too. Here lately, I'm personally trying to watch what I put into my body especially GMOs. I've grown tired of most supplements having bad fillers and "mystery ingredients". I wanted something clean, with better transparency on its ingredients and with legitimate certifications to prove it. This protein is also very clear with its amino acid profile, it's not hidden like some brands do. So those are reasons why I decided to give this protein a chance over staying with whey. About the protein itself, it's somewhat different from others I've used. That being it's not very pleasing visually or to smell. It kinda smells like playdough, with a slight hint of vanilla. It appears to look and behave a little different than whey protein. It clumps into tiny balls on top of itself some when you shake the container to unsettle and mix the powder. It fluffs up some too, just not quite as good as whey powder. The small clumps easily break with the slightest touch though, so don't let that deter you. It also has a slightly different texture than whey. When whey protein gets on something you can just wipe or brush it off most of the time. With this protein powder it leaves behind a fine residue, similar to something a talc or corn starch powder would do. With that said, it's kinda hard to brush off, you practically need to wash it off or wipe it up with something damp. So be warned, this product is more messy than your average whey powders. And you will quickly discover this when you dig for your measuring scooper. As far as mixing and taste go, mixing it seemed no different to me than most whey powders. I used my blender bottle, same as I would with whey powder and I noticed no notable difference between the two powders. In fact it mixed very well, similar to a more higher end whey powder. The taste was surprising! Given the smell that is, which also got better once it was mixed. I mixed this with almond milk, same as I do with whey powders. And I've got to say, I was definitely impressed with the taste, it's quite delicious. It also seems like a taste that will grow on you, so I'm looking forward to that. The flavor was vanilla, in case you were wondering. Money time, talking the dollar per grams of protein, which you can easily determine with any protein powder. In this case, one serving is 21g and 15g of that is protein and there are 38 servings. So we have 15x38 being 580 grams of total protein. Now divide that, by whatever you pay for the product and you have your ratio of protein per dollar. You will likely find a lower number on this product. Because let's face it, for the amount of protein you get here, this product is fairly expensive. I'm not a fan of the price, but sometimes in life you get what you pay for. So you have to ask yourself, is the extra money worth it, for your health and peace of mind? You decide. Why I gave this product 5 stars? The quality! It has several certifications to verify how clean it is. That gives me peace of mind and confidence knowing I can trust the product. Not having to worry if it's potentially harmful through the use of cheap fillers and toxic ingredients. I also feel this protein is amongst the top of its class compared to other plant-based proteins. This product is also about 71% pure protein, which compared to most plant-based proteins is notably higher. Also and surprisingly, the price isn't too bad when you shop it against other plant-based proteins. Use the dollar per grams of protein ratio and see for yourself. And as I've already noted, the taste is pretty great and it mixes well too. You also get the added benefit of probiotics, antioxidants and a solid BCAA profile. So if you're looking for a healthier protein supplement, this may be the one for you. I'm personally making the switch to this plant protein over whey proteins and I couldn't be happier. If I notice anything out of the ordinary with this product, good or bad I will do an update. A warning: for those of you who are caffeine sensitive or simply just avoid having it in your diet. The chocolate flavor, does in fact contain caffeine, 7mg per serving.

How much time do you have? Oh, how I could go on about this stuff. I have done more research on different types of plant based protein powder. I have tried too many brands to name. THIS. This is the way to go if you are looking for something plant based, full of good nutrition, minus a lot of crap you don't need, and with no added sugar. Sugar is poison to me, and I'm allergic to dairy and most preservatives. I'm also Celiac. But, I've really gotten into running and strength training, and I needed something to add a good dose of protein and nutrition to my day. Other options didn't taste anywhere near as good, weren't as "clean," or didn't mix well. With this, I essentially make the healthiest soft serve ice cream, I mean smoothie bowl, for breakfast every morning -- a bit of frozen apple, frozen pear, a couple of cups of frozen cauliflower, 2 scoops of this, 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla cashew milk, 1/2 cup of cold coffee, a bunch of spices (clove, cinnamon, allspice, cayenne, black pepper, and turmeric), a couple of piece of frozen ginger root -- toss it in my food processor and AMAZING. It is also good mixed into oatmeal (add a 1/2 cup pumpkin puree and WOW). If you need a little more sweetness, a few drops of monk fruit sweetener pairs well. Really, I tried every other brand for you. This is a great choice. I love it! I've been using it a couple of months now, and I feel the difference. I highly recommend it!

As a vegan athlete, I need to ensure I take in adequate protein. There aren't many protein powders that have top quality ingredients and taste great. This does both. I don't have to mask the taste, I can drink it as is. It is so nice to be able to finally find a plant-based protein drink that I can bring with me to the gym and not have to choke down after my workout.

0:32 0:00 This video is not intended for all audiences. What date were you born? JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031201920182017201620152014201320122011201020092008200720062005200420032002200120001999199819971996199519941993199219911990198919881987198619851984198319821981198019791978197719761975197419731972197119701969196819671966196519641963196219611960195919581957195619551954195319521951195019491948194719461945194419431942194119401939193819371936193519341933193219311930192919281927192619251924192319221921192019191918191719161915191419131912191119101909190819071906190519041903190219011900 Submit Adobe Flash Player is required to watch this video. Install Flash Player This is by far the best protein I have found, especially in terms of nutrients. The amount of protein, the percentage of essential amino acids, plus the other nutrients is amazing. The taste - I have only tried the vanilla - is almost perfect, except for that odd Stevia aftertaste which I personally hate, but I know others don't mind. Besides that, it's really pretty good. A lot of reviews said it was frothy. I have found it to be smooth and creamy. Please see my video below. I used Califia Almond Milk and a banana. Nothing else. (please ignore dead parsley in background ;) )

I love this protein powder! I've had many natural protein powders that taste like grass - this one tastes delicious considering it's made with peas! It tastes great with rice milk and even with water. Easily mixes together with just a spoon. I've added it to my berry smoothies and it flavours them nicely. Not thick or clumpy! I notice a difference in my stamina on days that I drink this. If you found my review helpful, please click Yes below! :)

Best tasting protein in the plant version I've used. Please don't change the formula like other brands have done. I've become skeptical of trusting what is on the label of protein powders after using Vega protein Plus Greens powder for several years. I really enjoyed the taste but it always seem to cause my gut mild issues and it was a bit on the sweet side. Once they changed their formulas for the worse, I knew that it was time to start my search again. I decided to try Garden of Life sport protein and I absolutely love the flavor it is not too sweet compared to Vega and is an absolute delicious start to my morning smoothie. I don't drink it just with water it's always mixed with other ingredients like almond or coconut milk, banana, pineapple or nectarine and it leaves a smooth velvety texture that is easy to drink, even better then my old Vega protein. I have had absolutely no gut issues with it and everything is better health-wise for me and I will continue to purchase it regardless of the increase in price compared to my old protein. After doing more research on protein powders I discovered that the addition of gums such as guar gum, xanthan gum or Acacia gum can all be attributed to causing gastric upset. Now reading labels more thoroughly Vega had xanthan gum in it all the time I was using it. There are no gums In The Garden of Life sport protein. As long as you don't mess with a good thing I will continue to buy this product for as long as you sell it. LOVE THIS PROTEIN.

I ordered the chocolate after picking up one of the singles serve packets at Whole Foods. After trying a different brand organic plant based vanilla protein powder that was disgusting, I was very happy to find this tastes really really good. I mix it with unsweetened almond milk and vary it up sometimes adding bananas, cold brew coffee, chia, peanut butter, or cacao powder. It's an excellent quick breakfast that I can actually enjoy instead of forcing myself to eat. It's pretty expensive in my opinion, almost twice what I got the other brand for, but it's totally worth it, and ill definitely buy it again. seems like a lot of the poorer reviews are for the vanilla flavor, so I'll have to try a single pack before I'd buy the vanilla.

There are many great reviews written about this product, and for a good reason. This protein powder is top notch. Those who complain about the taste and say it's chalky, I don't see it at all. I think this product tastes excellent. I've been using it in smoothies for the past 10 days, and am happy to report it doesn't cause any discomfort, bloating, or stomach aches, as I experienced with some other protein powders. For me that is one of the most important aspects in the protein powder. Ingredients also deliver. They are stellar and I love, love, love that this product is organic certified and non-gmo verified. Those are very expensive and difficult certificates to obtain and the a brand has to comply with many regulations to receive these certificates. Another great thing about this product is that the ration of protein to carbs is more than (4:1). I read that the ratio of protein to carbs in a protein powder shouldn't exceed 4:1 ration; meaning 4 parts of protein to 1 part of carbs per serving. In this product it is (7.5:1), with 30 gr of protein to 4 gr of carbs per serving (2 scoops). There are many protein powders that claim they have a high amount of protein per serving, but they also load it with high amount of carbs. I stay away from those protein powders because, in my opinion it defeats the purpose. If I need a high amount of carbs, I eat a meal. I am not a vegan and/or vegetarian. The only reason I don't take whey protein is that my stomach doesn't tolerate it well. I've tried other plant-based protein powders, but GOL Sport Organic Plant-Based PP works the best for me. I hope this was helpful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

China issued an anti -fraud and telephone law